Rabih Mroué and Lina Madjalanie regularly delight international audiences with pieces bridging the boundaries of performance, theatre and video art. The artist duo developed their new production together with visual artist and musician Mazen Kerbaj. They describe “Borborygmus” as follows:
1. A gurgling, rumbling or grating sound in the stomach, cause by gas surging through the body
2. A sound that indicates deficiency or satiety
3. An incomprehensible speech
4. An embarrassing, yet harmless situation
5. A piece about all that and more
It seems to be about disappointment and failure, about three artists, who have succumbed to the sad reality of our times. Yet actually, it is a piece about an attempt to grasp failure, and as an ultimate form of resistance, to drive it to an extreme. With vehemence, but without hatred, Kerbaj, Majdalanie und Mroué present the state of today’s world.
Duration: 75 min.
Language: Arabic with German and English surtitles