FACING THE MOCKERY
- 28.10.2015, ab 19.00 UhrEintritt frei
- 30.10.2015, ab 18.00 UhrEintritt frei
- 29.10.2015, ab 18.00 UhrEintritt frei
- 31.10.2015, ab 18.00 UhrEintritt frei
- 01.11.2015, from 6 p.m.free of charge
Is it ok to use age-old objects from an anthropological collection to shot an aerobics video? Is it political to drink schnapps and dance on the graves of former colonial rulers? Is faking European NGO-logos art? And if yes: who is mocking who and why? The exhibit Facing the Mockery present four artists and their ironic, subversive and disrespectful approaches to African-European history.
Featuring works by Sam Hopkins (Nairobi), Simon Rittmeier (Paris), Yves Sambu (Kinshasa) and Otieno Gomba (Nairobi)