- 08.10.2022, 7.00 pm
- 09.10.2022, 18.00 UhrTickets ab 10.09.
- 10.10.2022, 19.00 UhrTickets ab 10.09.
- 12.10.2022, 19.00 UhrTickets ab 10.09.
- 14.10.2022, 19.00 UhrTickets ab 10.09.
- 15.10.2022, 19.00 UhrTickets ab 10.09.
- 16.10.2022, 18.00 UhrTickets ab 10.09.
- 19.10.2022, 19.00 UhrTickets ab 10.09.
- 21.10.2022, 19.00 UhrTickets ab 10.09.
- 22.10.2022, 19.00 UhrTickets ab 10.09.
New York theatre-makers Kelly Cooper and Pavol Liška joyously explode the opera genre and use song and dance to tell a post-apocalyptic love story in the post-Anthropocene.
A shipwrecked man is saved from drowning by a beautiful and mysterious woman, who brings him ashore on the last remaining piece of land. Plundered of its vegetation and populated by the ghosts of its former inhabitants, the island (which used to be known as Greenland) is ruled by a despotic King and Queen. Other ingredients of this tragic opera are a fateful storm, an immaculate conception, a murder, a love triangle, a fake execution, a birth, an invasion by aliens, complete with abduction – and the opera will not be over until someone is eventually impaled on a narwhal tusk. Nature Theater of Oklahoma promises you that much!
Nature Theater of Oklahoma is an award-winning New York art and performance group. “‘Burt Turrido. An Opera”’ was rehearsed at Bockenheimer Depot in the middle of the Covid lockdown under strict safety regulations and can now be seen in Germany for the first time as a festival special.
A joint production by Schauspiel Frankfurt and Künstler*innenhaus Mousonturm
Recommended age: 14+
Languages: English, dubbing in German
Duration: approx. 3 hours 45 minutes, one interval