Who is Afraid of Ideology? Part 3 – Micro Resistencias & Part 4 – A Letter Inside a Letter
Mousonturm Studio 2
- 26.8.2021, 6 p.m. (opening) - 11 p.m.admission free, admission continuous possible, Opening
- 27.8.2021, 6 - 10 p.m.admission free, admission continuous possible, 8.15 p.m. Artist Talk with Marwa Arsanios and Lawrence Abu Hamdan, moderated by Reem Shadid
- 28.8.2021, 3.30 - 9 p.m.admission free, admission continuous possible
- 29.8.2021, 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.admission free, admission continuous possible
- 1.9.2021, 7 - 9.30 p.m.admission free, admission continuous possible
- 2.9.2021, 6 - 9 p.m.admission free, admission continuous possible
In her series “Who is Afraid of Ideology?” the artist and filmmaker Marwa Arsanios takes an intersectional view of women’s anti-colonial struggles for comprehensive social and political change. The core of these struggles is the reappropriation of life’s basics, of land rights in the face of the machinations of capitalist exploitation – they are about connecting directly with nature again. In the video installation “A Letter Inside a Letter” (Work in Progress), Marwa Arsanios examines the issues of inheritance, ownership, property and value. To do so she focusses attention on a specific area of land in northern Lebanon: her family’s olive grove that is now farmed by a family of Syrian refugees. Can inheritance be conceived from the perspective of the disinherited and displaced workers who care for and maintain the land?
Please find an english ticketing guideline here (the system is only in german).
Duration: approx. 30 Min.
27.8., 8.15 p.m. Artist Talk with Marwa Arsanios and Lawrence Abu Hamdan, moderated by Reem Shadid
Admission is only possible with proof of negative Corona status (tested, vaccinated or recovered). Results of a test may not be more than 24 hours old at this event.
Your contact details (name, address, telephone number and e-mail address) will be recorded on location before the event in order to follow-up in case of a COVID-19 infection.
No entry without a medical mouth-nose covering! Wearing a mouth-nose covering is mandatory at all times, except at your own seat.
Disinfect your hands when entering the building or grounds.
More information on hygiene and safety